1 in 6 seniors struggles with hunger. You can change that with just 2 hours a week.
Meal Delivery Volunteers pick up prepared meals and deliver to seniors and homebound adults on Chicago’s North Shore.
Meals at Home is partnered with area hospitals and restaurants to provide daily, fresh meal deliveries to Seniors and others in Evanston, Skokie, Wilmette-Kenilworth, Winnetka-Northfield, and Glenview. Meals are picked up by volunteers between 11-11:30am and delivered on predetermined routes Monday-Saturday (including Holidays). Hands on training and ongoing support is provided.
- Report to pick up meals at assigned time
- Ensure correct number of meals before leaving the pick-up location.
- Promptly report any problems with order to the Meals at Home office.
- Notify Meals at Home office is client is unable to receive meal, looks unwell or is in any unsafe conditions.
- Drivers must be at least 21 years old and have a valid driver’s license, vehicle registration and insurance. (Runners may be under 21; minors must be accompanied by a registered volunteer parent or guardian.)
- Must be a driver in good standing with the State of Illinois or issuing state.
- Must be physically able to get in and out of a vehicle repeatedly and walk short distances.
- Desire to serve others with respect for people of different backgrounds and abilities.
- Be courteous and personable when dealing with the public.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of Meals at Home volunteers, partners, and donors.
- Each delivery route takes about 2 hours. We ask for a minimum of one scheduled day per month.
IF YOU DON’T RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM US, PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM OR CALL US AT (847) 332-2678. WE ALWAYS RESPOND TO VOLUNTEER REQUESTS. THANK YOU!
Opportunities Available: Friday, Monday, Saturday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday Mornings
About Meals At Home:
Meals at Home provides Meals on Wheels services in Chicago’s North Shore communities of Evanston, Skokie, Wilmette-Kenilworth, Winnetka-Northfield, and Glenview as well as the Lake County communities of North Chicago,…Learn More