- We aim to better our community by providing meaningful opportunities for families to help local families in need.
We have a Facebook presence of over 3000 members.
We provide meaningful opportunities for families to support local families in need. We do this by holding events such as:
- Gift Wrapping Day (members come to ‘shop’ for presents at the holiday time and wrap them and draw a holiday card) – we helped over 150 children in the holidays in this way.
- Holiday gift Sponsorship – our members are asked to sponsor a child for the holidays (we helped over 300 children in this way in 2016).
- Movie event – members paid $10 to attend the Boss Baby movie and brought with them a pair of new pajamas to donate to Englewood.
- Used school supplies – we collect unwanted school supplies from North Shore schools and send those up to Waukegan.
- New School supplies – we ask members to donate new school supplies and then invite teachers from schools in low income areas to an event where they can help themselves to supplies they need.
Monthly birthdays – we ask our members every month to sponsor a foster child for their birthday.
We run monthly drives to collect items such as
- Thanksgiving food
- feminine sanitary items
- teddy bears for abused wives and children
We also help immediate needs and hold fundraisers for either money or goods in support of those needs.
We only accept new goods – we are run by volunteers and do not have the capacity to collect pre-owned items
Opportunities Available with Families Helping Families Chicagoland
Events Committee Member
We are looking for individuals who can work as part of a team to help with events.More
Board Member – Secretary
We are looking for a new board member to join our charity. You must have good admin skills and time planning skills. You must be able to attend monthly board…More
We hold and sponsor a number of events throughout the year that require hands on help. Please contact us to find out what our current needs are.